Frequently Asked Questions

Find out some of the frequently asked queries by customers about our services.queries by customers about our services

1.  What is Certificate Attestation?

Certificate Attestation is the act of formally attesting the documents to prove its authenticity for educational or employment purpose abroad.

2.  How can I attest my documents ?

For document attestation, you can approach the respective state authorities. For educational documents, the attestation are done by the State HRDs. Personal documents and commercial documents are attested by Home Department and Chamber of Commerce respectively. Urogulf can help you with the entire document attestation process.

3.  What is marriage certificate attestation ?

Marriage certificate attestation is the act of formally attesting the marriage certificate for the purpose of traveling abroad. It is the process where your marriage certificate is attested to prove its authenticity from the state where it was issued.

4.  What is Birth Certificate attestation ?

Birth certificate attestation is the act of formally attesting one’s birth certificate for the purpose of migrating to another country. Birth certificate attestation has to be issued from the country where you were born.

5.  What is Norka Certificate Attestation?

Norka Certificate attestation is the HRD attestation for the educational documents issued by the state of Kerala. Norka Roots is the authorized government agency to do the HRD attestation in Kerala. Norka certificate attestation is mainly done for the purpose of verification to use abroad. It is done only for the government approved educational documents (UGC/AICTE/NCERT).

6.  What is MOFA Attestation?

MOFA attestation is the final process involved in the certificate attestation procedure. It is done after completing the HRD, MEA and Embassy attestation. MOFA attestation is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs once you reach the destination country. The work permit is issued only after the MOFA attestation.

7.  What is meant by HRD attestation?

HRD attestation is the process of attesting educational documents from the respective state HRDs for authentication. It is done only for government recognized educational documents.

8.  What is Apostille Attestation? How is it different from MEA attestation?

Apostille attestation is done for the legalization of the documents required to travel to the Hague member countries. There is no need for separate attestation for travelling to any of the Hague member countries once you get your documents apostilled. At present, there are around 92 Hague member countries. MEA attestation is a mandatory requirement to travel to any of the non-hague member countries.

9.  What is degree certificate attestation?

It is the process of attesting the degree certificate from the respective state HRDs for authentication purpose. It is mainly done for employment or for higher studies abroad.

10.  What are the procedures of Certificate attestation ?

The main procedure of certificate attestation includes HRD attestation, Home attestation, Chamber of Commerce attestation, MEA attestation and Embassy attestation. HRD attestation is done for educational documents, Home attestation is done for personal documents while Chamber of commerce attestation is done for Commercial documents.

11.  What attestation is required for UAE?

State attestation, MEA as well as embassy attestation is required depending upon the purpose of your travel to UAE.

12.   What is the process of certificate attestation for UAE?

The process of certificate attestation for UAE depends upon the type of visa and the purpose of your travelling. To obtain a employment visa, you need to submit your attested educational documents, experience certificate. For the purpose of certificate attestation for UAE, you need to do the HRD attestation and Home attestation from the State where the certificate was issued. After that, you need to do the Ministry of External Affairs attestation and at last the embassy attestation. Urogulf can help you to do the entire UAE certificate attestation process.

13.  Should I attest the Originals or photocopies ? What if laminated ?

Attestation is done on the reverse of the Originals. If originals are laminated, we will remove the lamination and get the attestation done.

14.  What are the supporting documents required for attesting the original educational certificates ?

You need to submit – Original certificates, Original Mark sheets (all semesters) , Passport copy, Job Offer Letter, Authorization letter and photo.

15.  How do I know the status of my certificate attestation ?

We will send the ID and Password along with the link directly to your mail box. You need to visit our site and enter your ID and password there to view your status.We note down your email id for the same.

16.  Who can attest a document?

A document can be attested by various authorities like Notary public, Sub- Divisional Magistrate, Gazetted officers, Ministry of External Affairs etc.

17.  How do I pay ?

You can remit Cash or Transfer money to our Account.

18.  How do I seek a job in Gulf ? How does attestation help ?

You should have someone in Gulf who can legally sponsor you. He can be your relative or a company who is going to employ you. Through your sponsor, you can obtain a residential permit and then apply for a labor card. The labor card will permit you to obtain employment
Attestation of your original certificates proves valid in Gulf countries for getting Employment Visa, Family Visa, Dependant visa. Trade Visa from Labor department of UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi so on

19.   What is Same day attestation on Urgent basis ?

Attestation on Urgent basis is done in a quicker way by which you can get your documents within 10 days. You need to pay extra charges for this .

20.  What should I do in case of Loss of Original Certificates ?

You need to go to the University /College and submit a Lost Certificate Application. Go to the territorial police station from where it was lost and lodge one FIR (First Information Report). Get a copy of the FIR after signed by the Duty Officer and IPC no.(Indian Penal code) on it. Then use this copy for applying for duplicate certificates. Repeated follow up is required. You can take the help of UROGULF.

21.  Are authentication / attestation / legalization / verification/ notarization the same ?

More likely these terms mean the same. The main intention of all these terms used - finally lands up to get Embassy or Consulate attestation.

Authentication confirms the identity of a person
Attestation is an evidence which states that a document is attested.
Legalization is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a document is genuine
Verification the documents are verified by the university and termed as authentic
Notarization is the stamping or sealing, dating and signing the document after sufficient evidence and ensures authenticity.

22.  What is the duration of attestation on Educational documents ?

In case of HRD attested documents, it normally takes 12 to 15 days for attestation from all departments including Ministry of External Affairs and Embassies. Documents that require HRD or GAD attestation will first go for verification and the duration depends upon the completion of university verification .

23.  Should the payment be done upfront or can I pay after the attestation is completed ?

We leave it to you - as per your convenience . Initially you can pay a small amount . Attested documents will be despatched only after the final payment in cash or payment confirmation received from the bank.

24.  What is the purpose of WES evaluation?

WES is a Canadian organization that provides credential evaluation to anyone who plan to study in Canada. The main purpose of WES is to evaluate the credentials the individuals obtained in their home country and give a better understanding of the credentials you gained with the Canadian education system.

25.  I am travelling to London for higher education. Do I need WES?

No. There is no need for WES evaluation for higher studies in London. WES evaluation is mainly done for Canada. The main purpose of WES is to provide credential evaluations for those who plan to study or work in Canada and USA.

26.  What is Gamca Medical and is it required for all Middle East countries?

GCC Approved Medical Centers Association (GAMCA) medical test is conducted by Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries to all individuals who travel there for employment purposes. Gamca Medical tests check the physical and mental health of the individuals and is carried out to ensure that they are fit to carry out their job functions. Gamca is not required for all Middle East countries. There are a total of 6 GCC countries that requires gamca for visa approval. They are UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Oman.

27.  What are the process involved in Qatar Embassy Attestation services?

For employment in Qatar, the main steps include HRD attestation, MEA attestation, embassy attestation, MOFA attestation.

28.  What are the documents required for Qatar Embassy attestation?

For obtaining a work visa in Qatar, you need to provide educational as well as personal documents like birth certificate, experience certificate etc. These documents shall be attested duly from state HRDs and Home Attestation. After that, it has to be attested from the Ministry of External Affairs. Urogulf can help you in completing the entire Qatar embassy attestation services without any delay.

29.  Do I require PCC attestation for Kuwait employment visa?

Yes. It is mandatory to get PCC attestation for Kuwait employment visa. The PCC should be issued by the passport office.

30.  How do i get an embassy attestation for my educational certificates ?

To get your educational certificates attested from the embassy of the country you are travelling to, you need to follow the below process:

State HRD: The educational documents has to be first attested from the State where the certificates was issued.
MEA attestation: After HRD, the documents are attested from the Ministry of External Affairs. If the country you are planning to travel is a Hague member country, then you need to get Apostille Attestation.

After the HRD and MEA attestation, the documents are sent to the respective embassy of the country you are travelling to situated in your home country.